Saturday, March 18, 2017

Week of March 19 2017: The Peaceable Followers of Christ



Week of March 19, 2017

Read: Moroni 1-7 and Our Heritage, pages140-146
Write: Choose a verse that is cross-referenced to another scripture from this week’s reading, and read the cross referenced scripture.  How do the two scriptures support one another?  For example, Moroni 6:8 references Mosiah 26:30 in discussing the power of repentance.

Dear Sisters,

This coming week will conclude with the first session of General Conference, the Women's Session, broadcast live at the stake center at 5 pm.  Please join us for the broadcast and for light refreshments and a celebration of our reading and writing journey immediately after.

This week's personal writing prompted us to reflect on a time when our faith gave us comfort even in times of utter despair, such as those Moroni describes. Mallory King, of the Ravenna Park ward, shared her reflection.  Thank you Mallory for your beautiful words.

When I look very closely at a painting and zero in on one small area I see messy strokes, blobs, not a sailboat. Or, if I were to listen to one instrument in a full orchestra such as the Bassoon, I might hear an obscure melody line and not even recognize the piece that is being played. I frequently have moments when something looks messy, or doesn't sound right and I have to trust that the whole picture or piece is in harmony. Moroni wants us to believe. When a trial is magnifying a harsh truth we can have Faith in receiving perspective or clarity in the future. Hopefully the near future. My Grandma had such a clear vision of who she was, where she came from and where she was going. When she passed away I realized this was one of the greatest gifts she gave to me. Reading Mormon's and Moroni's words and pleas speak to me because of my Grandma's example. I want to be like her and be filled with that Light and Faith. This reading reminds me that it is essential to have a belief in order to return to my Heavenly Father. We can't see the whole picture but we can believe that someday we will. As harsh as I find Moroni's circumstances and get bogged down by the world around me, I feel humbled and blessed to have a seed in my heart of Faith in Jesus Christ and his desire for us all to live with him again.

-Mallory King

Thank you sisters for your goodness and faith.  We love you!  

With love,

Marni Campbell, Theresa Roth, Michelle Quinn, and Jenni Currit
Seattle North Stake Relief Society Presidency

No comments:

Post a Comment