Monday, February 13, 2017

Week of January 12 2017: Always Remember Him




Follow the journey on twitter: @SeattleNStakeRS

Just six weeks left! Join us now and feel the joy of reading the Book of Mormon and writing your personal history!

Dear Sisters,

We hope that you had an uplifting week pondering the words, images, and doctrine so abundant in 3 Nephi 17, and that you took the time to write about a time when someone prayed for you or you prayed for a specific person, and/or a modern day prophet whose message has had an impact on you.  

And now on to this week's journey!

Read: 3 Nephi 18-20 and Our Heritage pages 111-115 (attached as a PDF!)
Write: This week as you take the sacrament, reflect on the words of the Savior in 3 Nephi 18.  Write your thoughts and feelings.  

This week I would like to share my own journal entry with you.  Many of you have told me that you have appreciated the prompting to do some reflection and recording of your personal history.  This week was particularly powerful for me.

Growing up we didn't have family prayer every day, but we did have a formal prayer every Sunday, before dinner.  We always kneeled by the dining room chairs, the smell of the roast beef hovering over us, but I remember most vividly my dad praying, with great detail and thoroughness, for each one of us kids.  He would voice his thoughts and feelings and hopes and concerns for us individually, and I will never forget feeling suddenly the significance of my life, my choices, my problems as I heard them voiced by my father.  3 Nephi 17 always reminds me of this feeling:  "no one can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard him pray for us unto the Father."  Greg and I always prayed out loud for our kids by name and now they do it too for each other and for us when we say family prayer.  Last night on a video call with Eliza, me in bed at midnight and her in Amman 10 hours ahead, Greg and Thomas sitting beside me, we prayed.  Thomas prayed, out loud, and prayed for each one of us, and I felt that same majesty and joy.  

Sisters, we have just six weeks left in our reading and writing journey.  Please join us!  I promise that you will be blessed with joy, insight, comfort, and guidance.

With love,

Marni Campbell and the Stake Relief Society Presidency

No comments:

Post a Comment